In a tradition unlike any other, I present my 5th annual recap of my year in gambling. This was a roller-coaster ride of a year with lots of casino trips and big swings in bankroll. Once again I ended the year with a losing total – I should really learn something from this ongoing trend, but I keep coming back for more. I always have fun, but man it would be nice to write this at the end of 2019 with more money than I have now. Anyway, here’s a look at the numbers…
- 21 casino visits (new record)
- 7 Vegas trips (new record)
- 2 new states (Alabama & Washington) making my total 13 states played
- 1 new country (England)
- Extended streak to 34 straight months playing in a live casino
- Best single trip +420 yards
- Worst single trip – 860 yards
- Total loss for the year 112 yards
My trend is fairly similar every year where I start off in a bit of a hole after a January trip, make it back up in the spring to get towards even then press my bets in a fall trip that drives my bankroll into the red. I’m headed back to Vegas in a week for my annual trip at CES week so let’s see if I can kick off 2019 with a win for once and buck the recent trend for 2019.
Have a great 2019 and I hope to see you at the tables!